Tuesday, December 18, 2007

mass gain, day 2, december 18 2007

well, today is day number two. yesterday was my first workout with mass gain. i have been used to doing crossfit workouts at crossfit rva, so the workload felt really easy for me. i did six sets of six front squats at 80 pounds, six sets of six standing shoulder press at 75 pounds, and six sets of six weighted chin ups with 10 pounds, followed by an abs/back circuit. This is the hypertrophy part of the cycle, which Jake Rowell of Crossfit RVA tells me is not meant to blow your muscles out, but only to stimulate them.
yesterday i was shy of my caloric goal of 5000 calories by about 500, but im well on my way today.
just made up a cool shake, and it is going down alright...1/2 can coconut milk, 1/4 lb. peanuts, splash of soymilk, ice, banana, and 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder.
thats...almost exactly 2000 calories! holy shit didnt expect that...
am i already a little bigger, or is my stomach just perpetually swollen?

preliminary weigh-in naked weight(on my house scale, im going to the gym tomorrow) : 154 lbs at 5'8"
(wish mass gain made you a little taller too)

will post a picture of my self at current weight soon.

more later

1 comment:

Jake Rowell said...

Sounds good! Look forward to some before and after pictures/weight/lift numbers. I'm about to put you up on our site, hope you get a little traffic.